Celebrate in the historic gardens
Share your love of nature with your guests by holding your wedding ceremony in our spectacular castle gardens.
Launch your new life as a couple in our lush formal gardens. Breathe in the classic scent of roses in bloom. Pose against a romantic backdrop of hanging wisteria or bright rhododendrons in season. Capture unforgettable photographs of your special day.
When you choose a garden ceremony at Hatley Castle, you'll have a storybook backdrop for your vows of love.
Saturdays and Sundays, 11:30 a.m. to 2 p.m.
View the garden ceremony timeline
About the package
You and your guests will have exclusive use of our Italian Garden or Croquet Garden for your outdoor ceremony. This 2.5 hour daytime ceremony booking is perfect for those whose reception plans will take place off-site.
Number of guests
Up to 280 guests
- meeting with RRU event staff
- site inspection
- outdoor ceremony set up with up to 150 white folding chairs (additional chairs need to be secured with a third-party supplier)
- access to the surrounding gardens and Neptune Stairs for wedding photos during rental period
- dressing room for wedding party, complete with full length mirror and water service
- on-site event staff to support venue logistics on your special day
- complimentary parking for wedding party and guests
Enhance your special day with these additions:
- Add light catering for the Garden Wedding.
Peak season: May to October